Note : This article is for merchant who have Shopify account and want to sync with their Yezza account.
This article consists of 3 sections.
1. Setting Up Shopify To Integrate.
> Open Shopify dashboard, click Apps and then Manage Private Apps.
> Click Enable Private Apps Development
> Check all boxes and click Enable Private Apps Development.
> Fill in Apps Details
> Change API Admin permission
> Click Save. API key will appear.
> Open Yezza Dashboard to continue setup
- Open your Shopify dashboard, and click 'Apps' on the left. Then 'Manage Private Apps' at the bottom.
- Click 'Enable Private Apps Development'
- Tick all three check boxes and click 'Enable Private Apps Development'
- Fill in your Yezza Apps Details. We'd advise to put Yezza as name and use your same Yezza's registered email.
- Scroll down. Click at 'Show Inactive Admin API permission'.
- Change permission as below
- Inventory : Read and Write
- Products : Read and Write
- Orders : Read Access
- Click 'Save' once done.
- Admin API will appear like below.
2. Integrating Your Shopify With Yezza
> Open Yezza Dashboard.
> Go to Advance Settings and 'Manage' Shopify
> Click 'Connect Website'
> Fill details and API Key
> Check Permission
> Activate Sync Product
- Open your Yezza Dashboard. Click <Setting> , <Advance Settings> then <Manage> Shopify.
- Click <Connect Website>
- Enter details by using the information from Admin API at Shopify.
- Make sure all are green at the Check Permission page and click 'Next'. If not, go back part 1 ; Step 6.
- Activate Sync Product Inventory and Manage Order. Click 'Next' when done.
- Congratulations! Click to 'Finish'
3. Syncing your Shopify products to Yezza
> Create Product in Shopify
> 'Sync Products' in Manage Shopify in Yezza
> Clicl Import All Products
> Click 'Fetch Latest Product Data' to update changes in product details and price
- Make sure you Shopify have products.
- In Yezza, open 'Manage' Shopify and click 'Sync Products'
- Click <Import All Products>.
Note : Yezza only able to import FROM Shopify. We still working on exporting product TO Shopify.
- Once successfully Synced, all your Shopify products will appear in Yezza (From pricing to item details.)
Note : Products with variant in Shopify are not fully imported as of now. Merchants need to manually add their variants manually in Yezza.
- Data inventories on Shopify are updated in real time to Yezza, and vice versa.
- Any changes in product details or pricing in Shopify, merchants need to refresh it by clicking <Fetch Latest Product Data> in Yezza.
Merchants will now benefit :
- Orders in Shopify will appear in Yezza 'Order' section and manage shipping from Yezza.
- Any inventory-related activities will be updated real-time between Shopify and Yezza.